Wednesday 22 August 2007

at the beginning there was a tree

Before coming to nz I thought, wouldn't it be good if I could find a property in nz that had a tall beautiful tree in the garden in which to build my tree house.



When I was a kid one of my favourite pastimes was to build 'humpies' as we called them and also tree houses. Only one tree house was really successful; in a very tall iron bark tree (a type of eucalypt with very hard wood and quite hard bark), set about 10 mtrs above the round, and reached by dad's very long ladder. Trouble was he often needed to use his ladder and would remove it at the drop of a hat, sometimes leaving us stranded up a tree as it were. Anyway, now I have a tree; it's a liquid amber, with branches just right for a tree house. Here is a photo of it looking up to where it's going to be. More later, particularly photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment